GeoTools is a light-weight geo-data add-on that runs inside of BricsCAD or AutoCAD
GeoTools provides the missing .DWG CAD tools to view, create, modify, analyze and report geographic data, including for GIS data creation, surveying, mapping, facilities management, infrastructure, landscape development, city planning, large real estate / SEZ development, transportation and infrastructure design.
The product has more than 200 commands, to enable seamless integration of geographic data and CAD data:
- Advanced Polyline labeling & annotation tools
- Map Data cleanup, linear/polygon network tools
- Civil & Survey Data import/export Tools
- Cross-section profiles, long sections, chainage tools
- Volume Calculations & TIN generation
- Advanced AutoCAD Map Tools
- Coordinate Conversions / Google Earth interaction
- Powerful Blocks and Attribute Management
- Geology & Mining Tools
- Fully compatible for batch script processing
For a full list of GeoTools functions Click Here
How does it compare with AutoCAD Map / Civil 3D / Google Earth?
GeoTools offers more than 60% of the functions that are found in AutoCAD Map and which are commonly required by majority (90%) of users.
- Data Cleanup & Optimization: All data cleanup and optimization techniques found in AutoCAD Map like polyline vertex weeding, densification, fixing of overshoots and under-hangs, intersection cleanup based on snapping etc. are handled by GeoTools in an efficient manner. Independent snapping of points in 2d and/or 3d is possible and all operations preserve all attached entity data like XDATA, object data, attributes etc.
- Topology Building: Building meaningful data from disconnected ones is always one of the goals of GIS. GeoTools has tools to build closed polygons from disconnected but touching edges, create area annotations, attached database and export to Excel.
- Geographic Coordinates conversion: GeoTools offers complete coordinate conversion from UTM, Transverse Mercator, Albers and Lambert systems to Lat-Long and vice-versa, complete with datum shift handling etc.
- Google Earth Interaction (Export/Import): GeoTools offers complete integration with Google Earth and allows KML/KMZ data import and export of vector data. All this is functionality that is found in Civil 3D software only. It is also possible to extract viewport image from Google Earth and bring it into CAD with geo-referencing.
- Surveying & Terrain modeling: For surveying professionals and terrain designers, GeoTools offers easy ability to create cross-sectional profiles, longitudinal sections, volume calculations, TIM grid creation, drawing of graded lines, traverse adjustments and so on.
- Mining & Geology: GeoTools also has a small section called Geological and Mining which is under development and in its initial design phases.
- Planning & Visualization Tools: GeoTools intends to add a set of planning and visualization tools for city and neighborhood planning, zoning analysis, flight path and buffer zone modeling and so on.
More than 250 tools in familiar CAD interface, for working with Geographic data inside CAD software
Create cross-sectional profiles with complete parametric control
Geological & Mining moduel imports bore-hole data and creates mine plan models
Import GML/KML data into your CAD software
Integration with Google Earth