Stringer Topo delivers fast, easy to use field-to-finish topographical surveys, reducing your raw survey data to COGO points, automating the creation of 2D and 3D linework representing the point features, as well as adding breaklines to a TIN surface, all ready for final documentation and plotting.
Associated functionality includes survey quality reporting, point export, import/export to numerous formats, traverse editing and drafting for cadastral plans.
Field-to-Finish Topographical Surveys
Stringer Topo has been developed for the surveying industry to facilitate the reduction and presentation of survey observations inside your drawing, whether you’re using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D or BricsCAD. Developed by surveyors with over 20 years experience in the industry, Stringer focuses on maximizing your efficiency in adding and editing breaklines using point data directly in the drawing.
- Stringer Topo works directly on COGO points and surfaces in the drawing to automate the breakline creation process and enable immediate updating of surfaces as points are edited.
- Stringer Topo provides you with all the tools you need to convert a raw observation file into an editable observation file, through to automated import of co-ordinated points. In AutoCAD Civil 3D, Stringer Topo works directly with the Civil 3D point objects. In other versions, Stringer Topo includes it’s own COGO point engine to provide user editable point display, point groups and point editing commands.
- Stringer Topo makes it quick and easy to add, edit and remove breaklines directly inside the drawing. With a wide collection of point and string editing tools you can quickly correct any pickup errors and get to the finished product. A survey Surface is automatically created and updated as Stringer Topo adds breaklines based on the point codes.
- Stringer Topo includes tools to import from other surveying programs so you can work with historical data.
Stringer Connect – Working with Field Survey Data
Stringer Topo provides you with all the tools you need to convert a raw observation file into an editable observation file, through to automated import of co-ordinated points inside your drawing.
Stringer Topo includes Stringer Connect, which supports a wide variety of data recorders and all the common data file formats for surveyors including: Leica GSI, Trimble, Topcon and Sokkia outputs. In support Civil 3D customers, Field Book File (.fbk) format files are able to be imported into Stringer Reducer, for editing and output for inclusion in the Civil 3D Survey Database.
Once a file is selected the software creates a matching copy of the file and opens it for immediate editing and adjustment of the observations. Observations are presented in a spreadsheet format colour co-ordinated based on observation type for immediate identification. Within Stringer Connect you can edit any entry directly in the cells as well as add observation data and exclude data from your transfer to co-ordinates. Add in a forgotten target height adjustment in 4 button clicks and a matter of seconds.
Stringer Connect allows you to easily adjust your control points by typing the corrected coordinated direct in the cells, importing a file of points to update the co-ordinates or getting the co-ordinates adjusted by reading COGO Point co-ordinates from a drawing.
Scale factors can be applied across the curve and at the time of coordinating the points you can also apply a transformation of the data including a shift, rotation and/or scale.
Click on Transfer to import COGO points directly into your drawing including all your descriptions, point numbers and selected attributes. Civil 3D will present the points based on your descriptions and build a surface from a point group. For AutoCAD and BricsCAD users, Stringer Topo includes a comprehensive tool set for presenting points in the drawing based on your descriptions, and presents a TIN surface which accounts for all break-lines and points selected for inclusion in the surface. With a Stringer Topo surface you can display contours, contour labels, triangulation, slope shading, slope arrows, height shading and more.
Points and SurfaceIn all platforms, Stringer Topo provides support for COGO points, with customization point presentation based on the point code, comprehensive point editing tools, point labeling control and the ability to group points for output and surface generation.
If you are working inside BricsCAD you can take advantage of the in-built COGO tools within Stringer Topo. Stringer Topo COGO point support includes:
- Enhanced Stringer Settings: The Stringer Settings form allows you to assign a Point Style to apply for each Code. Within the Point Style you can assign a block of your choosing to represent the marker, and there is control over the display of text for the point number, elevation, description, easting and northing text.
- COGO Point Support: There is a Make Points command, so you can create points directly on screen as required. When you create points, they are represented by an attributed block containing all the survey information – you can edit the point using cad commands or use the Stringer Topo tools to make your edits
- Point Groups: Create your own point groups for creation of a surface. You choose which points are included or excluded, based on the point code or elevation range
Whether working inside BricsCAD, you can use Stringer Topo to move, scale and rotate your points, apply traverse adjustments and output your points to multiple output formats suitable for upload to your field survey equipment.
Stringer Topo makes it quick and easy to add, edit and remove breaklines directly inside the drawing. With a wide collection of point and string editing tools you can quickly correct any pickup errors and get to the finished product.
For BricsCAD users, Stringer Topo includes TIN surfaces tools to support all your surveying and design requirements. Stringer Topo will create a surface in your drawing and add points and breaklines based on your point coding. As your edit your point codes, your linework, breaklines and surface are updated so you can manage your changes in real time. Surface display controls are immediately accessible to you, allowiing for fast and dynamic adjustments to contour intervales, colour, layers, contour labelling and surface analysis (height shading, slope arrows and more). Surface data can be exported to entities as desired, for sharing with any other CAD user. Surface query tools allow you to report elevation information at any location, and the crossing breaklines tool let’s you see all crossing breaklines in the drawing.
At a single button click Stringer Topo will add breaklines connecting your COGO Points in the drawing, based on point description, string number and sequence of point pickup in the field, as well as adding 2D polylines. With Stringer Topo you are able to control which point codes are connected with a 2D polyline and a breakline (3D polyline), as well as which layers these features are created on.
Using simple parameters that can be added in the field or later applied in the drawing, breaklines can be set to automatically include curves, offset strings, close strings and form rectangles from 2 or three points.
Stringer provides you with all the tools to quickly rectify any field errors or omissions directly in the drawing. With Stringer a complete set of tools are included for you to address any issues: change point descriptions, add parameters to close the linework/breaklines or fit curves, and automate the re-sequencing of points that may have been picked up out of sequence using Stringer. Achieve survey fixups in minutes using Stringer Topo that would otherwise take hours.
Stringer Topo includes a range of tools to assist with cadastral survey drafting, survey quality checks, and more.
Stringer Topo includes tools to import from other surveying programs, as well as 12d Model, so you can work with historical data.
You can generate a Legend Table at the click of a button, displaying all points and breaklines used in the drawing.
Export your point groups to native file formats that can be read by Leica, Trimble and Sokkia instruments, to minimise issues with transfer.
Auditing tools are included for you to check and confirm the quality of your survey by comparing and documenting the differences between two surfaces, or a surface and points. Set a tolerance amount and highlight points on the survey surface that do not comply.
Set up your tree symbols to include independent scaling of the trunk and canopy, as well as assignment of a 3D tree block.
A number of cadastral tools are also included – undertake traverse adjustments from polylines and points, label linework, compare linework and label distance/bearing differences, create linework using links, and create radiation tables.
For more information call 949.259.3807
To download a free 30 day trial of Topo Stringer click here: Download